We all know how refreshing it can be if we drink a tall, ice-cold glass of water. It can be so satisfying sometimes, even more than a cup of coffee, or a can or soda. However, most of us still do not drink enough of it daily. Thus, we are depriving ourselves of the world’s most natural resource and at the same time damaging our bodies continuously. If you are one of those people who has been doing this as well, and you might notice some of the symptoms we are about to present you, you need to take a glass of water immediately. Keep reading.
12 Signs that Show that You Do not Drink Enough Water
1. Premature Aging
- Naturally, the amount of water our bodies retain decreases with age.
- This means that when we get older, we need to up the intake.
- Even though the aging is not evident on the outside, the damage it does on the inside will be felt with time.
- If you want to decrease the risk of running the body raw, it will be very important to drink water throughout the whole lifetime.
2. Digestive Problems
- If you are not properly hydrated, the amount of strength of the mucus in the stomach will lessen.
- This will in turn allow the stomach acid to do major damage to the insides and will lead to heartburn and indigestion.
3. Hunger Pangs
- If you are dehydrated, the body will think you need food.
- This will happen during the day and overnight when you would wake up for a craving.
- Nevertheless, if you eat food, it will be more work for the body.
- However, if you drink water, it will purify the organs and supply you with the fuel that it needs to go through the processes it needs to go through.
4. Fatigue and Lethargy
- If the body is dehydrated, it will take water from the blood.
- If the blood is not hydrated enough, this will lead to lack of oxygen which is brought in the body.
- This will lead to sleepiness and fatigue.
- If you lack stamina, you would have to start to experience the 2 pm crash earlier and earlier in the day, and coffee will not help you in the long run.
5. You Stay Sick Longer
- What drinking water does is let the body flush the toxins all the time.
- The organs work to filter the certain waste products like a machine.
- However, if you do not feel this machine with water, it will not work properly.
- Therefore, the organs will start to pull water from areas like the blood, which will lead to many other problems.
6. The Muscles Mass Decreases
- The muscles are also comprised of water. If there is less of it the body, there is less muscle mass.
- If you drink water before, during and after a workout, it will keep you hydrated and comfortable.
- This will also bring it to the right places in the body and decrease the chances of developing inflammation and soreness connected to exercise and weightlifting.
7. Joint Pain
- Did you know that the cartilage and spinal discs are 80% water?
- This means that we have to keep the bones from grinding from each other with every step we take.
- If you keep the body hydrated, then all the joints will absorb the shock of sudden movements like running, jumping or falling awkwardly.
8. Dry Eyes
- Drinking water affects more than just the mouth and throat.
- If there is a lack of it, it will lead to bloodshot and dry eyes.
- Without not water, the tear ducts dry up.
- This can cause harm to the eyes, especially if you wear contacts often.
9. You are Overly Thirsty
- If you have had a hangover, you know that when you wake up the body cannot get enough water.
- What alcohol does is dehydrate the whole body and you need to drink more water.
- This way signals are sent to the brain until the fluid levels get to baseline.
10. Dry Skin
- The skin is the body’s largest organ.
- This means that it has to be hydrated. Dry skin is actually one of the earliest signs of full-on dehydration.
- This might lead to a lot more problems. If there is a lack of water, it means lack of sweat.
- This prevents the body’s ability to wash away the excess dirt and oil which was accumulated through the day.
- If you want to stave off breakouts, you need to the drink more water.
11. Dry Mouth
- Naturally, you feel a sticky and nasty feeling in the mouth from time to time, and you pick up some liquid to drink.
- However, you need to bear in mind that sugary drinks are a temporary solution only.
- The best thing would be to drink water so that the mucous membranes in the mouth and throat would be lubricated.
- This will continue keeping the mouth moist with saliva long after the first sip.
12. You are Reading This Far
- Well, if you have got this far, I need to tell you that it would be best to drink water all the time.
- Just try taking a bottle of water with you.
- Whether you are working, working out, sitting in front of the TV or anything else, you should have a water next to you.
- Try having one now. The only thing you get is benefits. Thus, do try to do it more.