Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow color. It has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. Turmeric is so effective because it contains curcumin, a natural phenolic compound that protects the body from damage, radiation, and inflammation. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
How To Prepare This Miracle Drink
It is super easy! Heat the water just below boiling. Put 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a mug. Stir the warm water until thoroughly blended and add a pinch of black pepper to it. (Curcumin – the key element of turmeric – is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. It helps to consume black pepper with it, which contains piperine – a natural substance that enhances the absorption of curcumin by 2000%) Add some honey if you like to add flavor. And it’s ready!
Drinking turmeric water first thing in the morning is a great way to start your day off with a healthy boost. Make sure you consume a fresh supply of this drink in the morning before breakfast and on an empty stomach. By drinking turmeric water before breakfast, you can ensure that your body gets the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial beneits of turmeric before you begin drinking, eating, and exposing your body to harmful UV rays.
Proven Health Benefits of Turmeric
Many high quality studies show that it has major benefits for your brain. Warm turmeric water also has the potential for boosting brain functions and the prevention of degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Low levels of growth hormone are usually related to Alzheimer’s. Circumin helps to control the levels of this hormone and thus prevents age-related brain function defects and brain disease.
Curcumin fights cancer. According to Cancer Research UK, “It seems to be able to kill cancer cells and prevent more from growing. It has the strongest effects on breast cancer, bowel cancer, stomach cancer, and skin cancer cells.”
- It has been shown to strengthen your immune system. It prevents sickness.
- The circumin in turmeric helps eliminate plaque from the blood vessels and also prevents the formation of blood clots and thus protects the heart.
- As per research studies, turmeric has the ability to reverse the effect of type 2 diabetes. In a study of 240 people in Thailand, curcumin prevented prediabetes from progressing to diabetes. Roughly 16% of the 116 people on placebo progressed to Type 2 diabetes within nine months.
- Curcumin improves insulin function. It reduces insulin resistance by helping insulin get into cells.
- Circumin in turmeric is enriched with anti-inflammatory properties that effectively fight inflammation. It is as effective as anti-inflammatory drugs and is effective in treating the swelling and pain associated with arthritis.
- It contains strong antioxidants and these protect the cells from damage.
- Turmeric water helps in balancing the pH levels of the body and also improves digestion and relieve symptoms of acidity.
- Turmeric has been shown to boost liver function, allowing the body to break down environmental and dietary toxins. It also helps regenerate the damaged liver cells.
- Curcumin supports kidneys. It promotes clearance of creatinine and urea from the blood, which is what kidneys are supposed to do.
- In addition to the big benefits of turmeric, it also has many minor effects that can boost weight loss, healing, and general well-being. Drinking one glass of turmeric water every day for 12 months will make a huge difference to your health. By enjoying the healthy properties of turmeric, you can lower your risk of contracting any serious health problems while also ensuring that you feel healthier, happier, and more energetic throughout the day.