Eggs are amazing food which provide powerful health benefits. Our liver produces about 1,000 mg to 2,000 mg of cholesterol on a daily basis. On the other hand, an average egg delivers between 180-186 mg of cholesterol. Hence, when you consume eggs, the liver adjusts itself by decreasing its own production. So, eating eggs doesn’t increase the existing amounts of cholesterol in your body. Instead, it’s replacing one type with another.
Moreover, eggs are packed with vitamin A, E, B6 and B12, thiamin, riboflavin foliate, iron, phosphorous, magnesium, and selenium. They provide a wide range of health benefits. Today, we decided to present you some of the most prominent health benefits of eggs.
Health Benefits of Eggs
Promote the Brain Health
- Eggs are a great source of choline, which promotes brain development and memory function.
- Moreover, they are great for pregnant women because they prevent developmental abnormalities in the womb.
- What’s more, eggs reduce the risk of muscle damage and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Keep the Eyes Sharp
- Eggs contain lutein and zeaxanthin, carotenoid vitamins which are necessary for the vision.
- Thus, consuming 3 eggs on a daily basis will reduce the risk of age-related macular
- degeneration, improve night vision and prevent cataracts.
Feed the Muscles
- Consuming eggs will provide enough protein and you will gain muscle.
Maintain the Bones
- Due to the calcium and vitamin D, eggs maintain bones and ensure proper bone density.
- What’s more, calcium prevents blood clotting, nerves signals, and muscles contractions.
Promote Weight Loss
- Eggs are nutrient-dense.
- Therefore, eating 3 eggs during breakfast can reduce the amount of food you eat later in the day.
- As a result, it will promote the weight loss process and the fat burning process.
- Hence, you should consume 3 whole eggs on a daily basis to get all of the benefits mentioned above.